Page: 
of 28

Author Thread  
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  10:36:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't really like it when there's a group of people identifying themselves as 'the best'. It comes across as arrogant (funnily enough) and will no doubt result in music attesting to the same

Obviously they can do what they want but I don't really see the point of these cliques that turn up from time to time.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  11:32:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Looking forward to the next big Hardcore supergroup.

We are a squad of massive legends who have been Hardcore since day one. We might not produce much now and are desperately trying to be big in other genres without much success, but we still love Hardcore - and most importantly you, the small people. Because our appeal is dwindling massively, we have teamed up to bring you something you have never seen before (since last time).

'The scene controllers', coming to a Rave near you soon....whether you like it or not!

ConnerIntenzifi

United Kingdom
112 posts
ConnerIntenzifi has attended 8 events
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  11:38:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ConnerIntenzifi's homepage  Reply with quote
Not read through all the comments but ajays statement is total nonsense. Htid has been sold and he got let go and clearly won't go quietly. He tried to make himself a name slating all the established guys in the background hence why 90% if scene don't like him. He's an utter **** of a guy granted he probably was decent with a few so they won't have seen the snakey snide to him.

All about pushing new talent he said am guessing that's why he had prime time slots at every Htid event since he started managing the brand, oh wait no one had heard of this guy until then. I know personally a few people that he pissed off. We all know storm can be a massive **** but in this situation I think ajay has tried to go out with a bang and play the victim card.

Hopefully this will be the start of Htid returning to be the major force it was.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  12:39:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ConnerIntenzifi:
Not read through all the comments but ajays statement is total nonsense. Htid has been sold and he got let go and clearly won't go quietly. He tried to make himself a name slating all the established guys in the background hence why 90% if scene don't like him. He's an utter **** of a guy granted he probably was decent with a few so they won't have seen the snakey snide to him.

All about pushing new talent he said am guessing that's why he had prime time slots at every Htid event since he started managing the brand, oh wait no one had heard of this guy until then. I know personally a few people that he pissed off. We all know storm can be a massive **** but in this situation I think ajay has tried to go out with a bang and play the victim card.

Hopefully this will be the start of Htid returning to be the major force it was.

interesting stuff to read at work, there are always two sides to every story, I'll always be grateful to Ajay for the fact he gave Freeform some exposure in his tenure.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  12:43:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

You usually talk a lot of sense, but I disagree with pretty much everything in that post.

Ajay has been the only major promoter responsible for pushing the right new talent through and giving the hard working talent the chance they deserve. He's shaken up the old guard and upset the applecart. This is something which clearly needed to happen.

I know, let's just sleepwalk into obscurity like we have been doing for the last 7 years. Hardcore's dying! People need to wake up and smell the coffee. The same people are responsible for this. They won't let anyone else in and want to protect their status and power in what is a dwindling car crash of a scene.

The part of your post which I do find interesting is that you say HTID has been sold. I didn't know this. Do you have any other information regarding this?

Edited by - Claxton on 2016/10/28 12:44:22
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  13:25:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Well credible or not, his opinion is simply an echo of what is already pretty well established. The people within HTID seem to have this opinion in common.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  13:26:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
[b]Hardcore's dying!

Don't be ridiculous!

There are loads of events every week.

...In the back rooms of pubs selling 15 tickets, losing promoters loads of money because they feel forced to book big names in order to have a successful night.

Personally, I couldn't give a shit about either of the parties involved. Nothing against either of them personally because I don't interact with, or follow them.

What I do care about though, is the apparent need for drama.Being a 'big name' means precisely shit all to everyone outside Hardcore but these people parade round like they're a cross between a King and the second coming of Christ.No mate, you're a normal bloke that got lucky.

In a small scene which has some brilliant people, producers, DJ's and ravers - WE deserve better.

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  13:37:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
I think it's a shame that people go to raves for the MCs, not the music. How many other scenes does this happen in?

ConnerIntenzifi

United Kingdom
112 posts
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  13:46:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ConnerIntenzifi's homepage  Reply with quote
Well as I said other folk will have a different opinion of him as they haven't seen or heard from this side of the fence. He had control of the biggest Hardcore brand in the world and things could have been so much different but he messed it up. All good pushing new talent and shaking things up but if you knew what things he was saying and to who and his manner once being given control you would maybe understand what I'm saying. And do you not think this other new talent were worthy of the prime time slots he was giving himself as they have been trying to push on in the scene for a while rather than popping out of nowhere.

I'm not going to disclose what I know regarding Htid being sold hopefully once this nonsense dies down it will be announced but its someone with a solid background in Hardcore outwith the UK.

To be fair the Hardcore scene is picking up I have seen a surge in numbers in Scotland compared to last few years, a lot of newer younger faces. Next year will make it or break it as we can keep saying next year will be the year forever!

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  13:58:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Always the same arguments - 'you dont know whats happened so you can't make a comment'

What we do know is that Storm acts like a complete bellend 95% of the time and throws tantrums left and right, while Ajay has mostly continued to run a fairly sane seeming ship.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  14:36:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
To be fair the Hardcore scene is picking up I have seen a surge in numbers in Scotland compared to last few years, a lot of newer younger faces. Next year will make it or break it as we can keep saying next year will be the year forever!

And that seems to be thanks to DJ Rankin. Seriously, this scene should die like a phoenix again and (hopefully) revive even stronger.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

ConnerIntenzifi

United Kingdom
112 posts
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  14:52:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ConnerIntenzifi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Always the same arguments - 'you dont know whats happened so you can't make a comment'

What we do know is that Storm acts like a complete bellend 95% of the time and throws tantrums left and right, while Ajay has mostly continued to run a fairly sane seeming ship.

Nah that's not what I meant at all. As I said other people will have a different opinion of him as they haven't seen what he's like behind the scenes so that's totally fine and can comment as they please. Put it this way there was established names refusing to play whilst he was there and it was probably going to end up all new names which wouldn't be a bad thing if events done well with such line ups but they don't. And I'm not defending storm a have booked him countless times I get on well with him but I know how much of a cock he can be on this occasion though ajays farewell statement is just trying to cause bother because he's been given the boot.

Dj rankin doesn't play at any Hardcore events in Scotland. There's an event with all the pcdjs from back in the day which actually does well. But the actual UKCore events are picking up I've promoted for over 8 years with many up and downs and the trend has turned for the good with a run of events doing well and numbers creeping up everytime. It is hard to book the new guys in the scene here as nobody takes notice of them until their getting a run at the major events.

As I said this is my opinion on what I know etc.. Feel free to disagree!

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  15:15:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Put it this way there was established names refusing to play whilst he was there and it was probably going to end up all new names which wouldn't be a bad thing if events done well with such line ups but they don't.

I thought this was the point of the thread... the old boys' club watching out for each other.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  15:26:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
I can't think of anyone of significance who wasn't in Magaluf. Which artists weren't there? Or has there been refusal to play since then? When he came into HTID there was an insane rift between parties. From the outside it appeared as though Ajay was the one to heal these divisions. Not sure how it could have been any different?

Hardcore always seems to revert back to type. Two many people scared of the names. Half of the big boys are now irrelevant in terms of musical output anyway. They're living off rep. It seemed to me as though Ajay became wise to this.

I don't think DS, Breeze, Hixxy, Sy, Squad-E, Storm need to be booked anymore. I don't think they particularly add anything or are relevant. Obviously DS is relevant but isn't worth the finance.

Promoters are as guilty as anyone too. Some still book these names and clearly think we still live in 2008.

ConnerIntenzifi

United Kingdom
112 posts
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  15:41:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ConnerIntenzifi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I can't think of anyone of significance who wasn't in Magaluf. Which artists weren't there? Or has there been refusal to play since then? When he came into HTID there was an insane rift between parties. From the outside it appeared as though Ajay was the one to heal these divisions. Not sure how it could have been any different?

Hardcore always seems to revert back to type. Two many people scared of the names. Half of the big boys are now irrelevant in terms of musical output anyway. They're living off rep. It seemed to me as though Ajay became wise to this.

I don't think DS, Breeze, Hixxy, Sy, Squad-E, Storm need to be booked anymore. I don't think they particularly add anything or are relevant. Obviously DS is relevant but isn't worth the finance.

Promoters are as guilty as anyone too. Some still book these names and clearly think we still live in 2008.

Well I thought good things were going to happen as well, having attended Htid since 2006 through the glory days I was looking forward to what was coming.

You'd be surprised at who punters want to see, in Scotland the majority only want these names so keeping it fresh is really tough. Ds is the only name in Hardcore that I can say will make you his fee back 2/3 times over. That's speaking from experience of having him here once a year for past 4 years.

This will die down and we will move on standard rave drama. Here's hoping it will get turned around, Htid used to be the pinnacle of the rave scene and its lost it so fingers crossed it the new team behind it can resurrect it.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 28 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 24  25  26  27  28
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page