Printer friendly
Page: 
of 16

Author Thread  
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/05/11 :  18:47:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
Any tracks on the album that you'll go back to in 8 years time and think 'wow!! I remember how this track changed my life ' or even any track you'll ever listen to again in 8 years time? Ham made this album to get back from the hardcore scene what he feels like he is owed , and he has done exactly that, not that I personally think he's owed anything, but he clearly thinks he is, these tunes are SHIT.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/05/11 :  19:18:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
It's fortunate that neither of you are the target audience then really innit?

iggyk23
Starting Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
8 posts
Posted - 2017/05/11 :  19:26:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit iggyk23's homepage  Reply with quote
They are not shit, they are uk hardcore with some touches of old school and breakbeat.
Shit has lower bpm and out of sync farting sounds.
On the topic of extremely exclusive music, I was thinking for a while, if there are any interested parties maybe we could collect some money and ransom from Hixxy those two bonkers mixes of toytown he never released.
This has been bugging me for a while, why make music and then not sell it to the people, all they can do is drool over the songs while listening to bonkers mix, thats one a bit more extreme example of exclusivity that personally does not make much sense to me.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2017/05/11 :  22:25:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Currently on holiday but managed to find a way to download the zip file on to my iPad. Had a listen today, love it. The collab with Brisk is awesome. 'Yeah yeah yeah' as well. Not sure what people were expecting tbh, stays true to his sound.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/05/12 :  02:31:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
It's fortunate that neither of you are the target audience then really innit?

By that I'm assuming you mean idiots ?

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/05/12 :  02:33:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by iggyk23:
They are not shit, they are uk hardcore with some touches of old school and breakbeat.

Oh right, sorry.

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2017/05/12 :  09:04:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm glad I didn't buy into this, it's not the Ham sound I like, but I'm glad those that forked out the ?100 enjoy it.

However, if this sets a trend of other artists doing the same then I'll lose all faith in hardcore forever.

Edited by - robertybob on 2017/05/12 09:06:17
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/05/12 :  11:37:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
Rather a lot of opinions for such short snippets of music. I can't really understand how you can make an informed opinion about a song that plays for 30 seconds in a mixed montage of clips.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/05/12 :  12:54:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
I'm glad I didn't buy into this, it's not the Ham sound I like, but I'm glad those that forked out the ?100 enjoy it.

However, if this sets a trend of other artists doing the same then I'll lose all faith in hardcore forever.

Let's face it, no one will admit they bought something they hated in this case.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/05/12 :  13:38:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I WAS happy with my 25 quid slice of Ham, until you two turned up with your inevitable (and predictable) words of wisdom.
Stupidly thought that my decision, my purchase, and my enjoyment was totally my choice.

Thank god the troll twins arrived to put me right.

Edited by - djDMS on 2017/05/12 15:01:14
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2017/05/12 :  14:45:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
The problem is, you're not going to find people saying they don't like it because the people that bought it had a good idea what they'd be getting and what they got is what they expected.

If he'd done something like made loads of EDM or just rebranded some Hamilton tracks then for sure you'd get people kicking off.

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2017/05/12 :  16:03:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
the people that bought it had a good idea what they'd be getting and what they got is what they expected.

Ham has more than one sound though? I didn't think the clips in that mix sounded anything like his stuff from the Bonkers 17 CD or HU 2010 (the style of his that I liked).

Edited by - robertybob on 2017/05/12 16:04:42
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/05/12 :  16:14:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
To be honest the rest of the track and tracks doesnt sound much different from each other. Im happy i only forked 25 quid for it. Scott browns Forever Yours was worth buying 3 copies of the vinyl and a digital version for more

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/05/12 :  16:51:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
Got to remember, chaps, that Ham is widely identified as one of the pioneers of Hardcore. His sound had always been at the front of Hardcore development and I think a different sound to his past is to be respected. If you ask me, there's a decent range in those clips, from breakbeat Hardcore to upfront modern tunes.

If you're expecting Ham to come back and give you a 2007 sound, you've got to smell the coffee and realise that 2007 Hardcore will exist only in 2007. To revisit it with a release is very partisan, and won't be widely popular. I think these 10 tracks have covered a decent range of the spectrum and I can see why people will be pleased with them. On the flipside, if you're a legacy fan of Ham, you may be disappointed. Music from 8 years ago will always have nostalgic appeal, so to say that these tracks lack the impact of the classics is very ridiculous.

I personally hope that the selling format that Ham's employed doesn't trend, and this makes me pessimistic of the music. I think people who maintain a principle against this format are having a tough time being mutual on the music. It's not a case of whether it's worth ?100 (because to some, it is), but rather whether it's good music regardless.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2017/05/12 :  17:54:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
I reckon if it was a ten quid album everyone would be saying it's great and varied and wonderful that he's come back.

Was I hoping for a Brisk & Ham track that sounded just like Angel Eyes? Yes.

I didn't get that but I'm happy with what I did get.

Would I do it again if he posted another one tomorrow? yeah.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 16 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  12  13  14  15  16
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page