Page: 
of 16

Author Thread  
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/04/26 :  05:48:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
You had to commit quite quickly but only needed to pay ?25 up front, can't wait for everyone because there's always gonna be one who gets paid bi-monthly or has their tax rebate coming in 3 months etc lol

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/04/26 :  06:21:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
You had to commit quite quickly but only needed to pay ?25 up front, can't wait for everyone because there's always gonna be one who gets paid bi-monthly or has their tax rebate coming in 3 months etc lol

No reason to cut it off, though. All he has to do is say something like "if you want the album, send me an email and I'll get you a paypal link and then send a link to the album." It would probably be more than worth his time too, because he would get 100 pounds for a single email exchange. A few minutes of his time. I spend more than half a day at work to make that much.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2017/04/26 :  06:34:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:

No reason to cut it off, though. All he has to do is say something like "if you want the album, send me an email and I'll get you a paypal link and then send a link to the album." It would probably be more than worth his time too, because he would get 100 pounds for a single email exchange. A few minutes of his time. I spend more than half a day at work to make that much.

The reason he set a limit at 100 is in the hope that the tracks won't be shared online for anyone to download.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/04/26 :  06:41:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I'll go off on a tangent. Exposure isn't always a good thing.

Seen the Facebook live stuff last week?

Audience is one tempting aspiration, helpful engagement is another. It takes a supreme ego to assume a million people watching you burn down an orphanage is always a good thing.

Scenes are not based on, and sustainable from, random peacocking.

CDJay

That's one hell of a tangent.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/04/26 :  07:31:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:

The reason he set a limit at 100 is in the hope that the tracks won't be shared online for anyone to download.

I kinda wish that we could get to know how many that actually split the costs. Maybe he could've done 200 people spending 50 quid instead`?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/04/26 :  07:32:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Of course he needed to cut it off. Imagine how much more money he'd have taken out of your imaginary pool if he'd just left it to run.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/04/26 :  08:22:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Even though I ultimately jumped on this, there are still plenty of reasons why I don't totally agree with it.

In that weird situation where I agree with both the for and against arguments.

Luckily, there are 300 people all paying me a tenner to share my copy so it's a win win for me.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2017/04/26 :  08:52:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
Look if the majority of people didn't spend their benefits on puff and cans of tesco apple cider they would be able to afford the album

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/04/26 :  11:28:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
I have a respectable career and make enough money but I also wont pay over the odds for anything. I don't like paying ?13 for a ten track M-project album but I do because I know it will be great, but if the reviews are rubbish, I wouldn't buy it. What ham has done is have people pay way over the odds with no idea what the finished product will be like. It's crazy and bad for the scene because it does take the music out of reach for anyone with half a brain. I can't respect him for it and he could have set his target for incone, got people to register interest and then price accordingly which would have been fair and much better for the scene.

This will sound bitter and it probably is but I hope its terrible or at least I don't like any of the tracks so I don't feel I've missed out and then he leaves again never to return or he decides to come back properly and release music the conventional way. But I've always said that when you give music a crazy price or make it unavailable for purchase which this will be, there can be no surprise if it is copied and shared as it's a situation partially or the artists making. If you charge a reasonable price and someone can't be arsed to pay, that is wrong, but if you price spitefully, it's not a surprise and I would have no sympathy for you.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2017/04/26 :  12:56:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
Nobody hates paying over the odds for things more than I do. I wouldn't have paid ?100 for the album, I couldn't justify it - but I wanted the tracks, which is why I pooled with a few other individuals to make it reasonable but not completely unfair to Ham, I can't see any of us leaking the tracks. And of course the chance to get the stems and that is a bonus too.

If he had sold it at something like ?20, as a general release or maybe a few online stores, he'd likely not sold that many and not have made nearly as much money, and you can guarantee it would be available on a site for free within minutes. I'm not saying it absolutely won't happen this time like but you'd hope not.

I don't believe though that he could possibly work solidly for this amount of time on 10 hardcore tracks, a man of his experience and expertise really should knock them out quicker than that, especially as there's no physical product to arrange. I think if he really wanted to he could bang out a hardcore track here and there, get them released on his label or someone else's, if he loves the music that much.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/04/27 :  02:51:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
I have never, ever seen such a generic thoughtless name of tracks in my entire life, 'bounce 2 diss ' 'fresh beats ' ' yeah yeah yeah ' I genuinely
Genuinely hope that he has put more thought and effort into actually making these tunes than he has naming them

Edited by - skarr on 2017/04/27 02:52:17
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/04/27 :  03:51:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
' ready ' 'tonight 'searching for the feeling ' well worth ?100 lol.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/04/27 :  03:54:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
Oh shit, sorry I forgot about 'fresh beats' bet that's DEFINITELY gonna be worth ?100 alone

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/04/27 :  04:00:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
' let's get this thing started ' , actual lol to anyone that has called me a twat or whatever, you, yes YOU paid ?100 for this piece of ****in shit.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/04/27 :  04:04:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
I can't wait to hear 'fresh beats '

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 16 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ... 12  13  14  15  16
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page