Printer friendly
Page: 
of 16

Author Thread  
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  12:26:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
He's done exactly what I said he would, knock up 10 tracks in about a week, bang a shitty vocal sample over the top of most of em, take months to bring them out and act like it's a work of art.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  12:37:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
He hasn't acted like anything at all, he's said he's pleased with how it's come out and that he hopes everyone likes it.

I know you're trying to be deliberately inflammatory, it's so boring though, you should go outside or something

Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  12:57:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage  Reply with quote
I saved my 100 pound and brought this instead:

https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/album/b-sides-volume-1

Oh and a Patagonia jacket.

Edited by - Bring Me Round To Love on 2017/05/13 12:59:19
Ham
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  13:16:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ham's homepage  Reply with quote
Jeez Skarr, you seem to have a huge problem with this idea dont you?

Obviously this is not for you and thats cool, but I think its very unfair for you to accuse the people who supported this of lying to themselves or being deluded. Im pretty sure if people thought the album was as bad as you say, the supporters would have been the first to let me know. That has not been the case, completely opposite in fact. Ill also add, listening to the full album, full length tracks at the right tempo for over an hour is quite a different experience from checking out a 15 minute sync mode preview mix. What you are effectively saying is that everyone who got involved is stupid and has no idea about the music they like. At the end of the day music is totally subjective, there are no right or wrong answers, its all down to personal taste.

The bottom line is nobody was forced to support this project and if there was no demand it would never have happened in the first place. Also, when you factor in the stems, being able to remix the tracks yourself or even just to break down aspects as to how the tunes were produced, this idea exhibits better value than first impressions may show. I used to pay 100 for sample CDs back in the early 90s (more like 200 today with inflation) sometimes for only one or two samples. Why? Because I wanted them.
If, back then, I could have got hold of stems from producers I liked, Id have bitten their hands off? in fact, theres still one or two producers I would still do this with today given the opportunity.

Producing 10 tracks in a week? Really? Thats one of the funniest things Ive read in a long time. Cant wait to hear your tracks, especially if you are so prolific! If you ever get the chance, have a listen to my stems... you will hear the level of detail, and the time spent too.

You have also been particularly vocal about the track titles. You must have an amazing gift to be able to be so confident in a tracks potential purely based on its name. In fact, perhaps a job in A&R would be perfect for you as you wouldnt even need to listen to the tracks in order to make a decision, saving lots of time as you fill the charts with all your signings, based purely on your track title intuition.

If another project like this ever happens again, and yes, there already is demand, its not something I can entertain just yet as I need a break from the album writing process and I also have several other important (and very exciting) things on the go moving forward... Ill be sure to call one of the tracks Skarr. Because with a track title like that, you just know its going to be the absolute bollocks! Right?

Ham

Edited by - Ham on 2017/05/13 13:25:35
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  13:30:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ham:

Obviously this is not for you and thats cool, but I think its very unfair for you to accuse the people who supported this of lying to themselves or being deluded. Im pretty sure if people thought the album was as bad as you say, the supporters would have been the first to let me know. That has not been the case, completely opposite in fact. Ill also add, listening to the full album, full length tracks at the right tempo for over an hour is quite a different experience from checking out a 15 minute sync mode preview mix. What you are effectively saying is that everyone who got involved is stupid and has no idea about the music they like. At the end of the day music is totally subjective, there are no right or wrong answers, its all down to personal taste.

The bottom line is nobody was forced to support this project and if there was no demand it would never have happened in the first place. Also, when you factor in the stems, being able to remix the tracks yourself or even just to break down aspects as to how the tunes were produced, this idea exhibits better value than first impressions may show. I used to pay 100 for sample CDs back in the early 90s (more like 200 today with inflation) sometimes for only one or two samples. Why? Because I wanted them.
If, back then, I could have got hold of stems from producers I liked, Id have bitten their hands off? in fact, theres still one or two producers I would still do this with today given the opportunity.

Producing 10 tracks in a week? Really? Thats one of the funniest things Ive read in a long time. Cant wait to hear your tracks, especially if you are so prolific! If you ever get the chance, have a listen to my stems... you will hear the level of detail, and the time spent too.

You have also been particularly vocal about the track titles. You must have an amazing gift to be able to be so confident in a tracks potential purely based on its name. In fact, perhaps a job in A&R would be perfect for you as you wouldnt even need to listen to the tracks in order to make a decision, saving lots of time as you fill the charts with all your signings, based purely on your track title intuition.

If another project like this ever happens again, and yes, there already is demand, its not something I can entertain just yet as I need a break from the album writing process and I also have several other important (and very exciting) things on the go moving forward... Ill be sure to call one of the tracks Skarr. Because with a track title like that, you just know its going to be the absolute bollocks! Right?

Ham

Mate all you have done is taken a shit vocal sample, banged it over a standard ham sounding tune and then called it whatever the vocal sample is, i wonder what your 'skarr' track will sound like.....

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  13:38:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
I was right about the track titles and the way the tracks sounded though ?

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  13:40:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Holy shit I don't know what has me more shook, what Ham said or that he responded! There's always been an inside joke among people who know him being a quiet and reserved person. Glad to see you on here Ham, although wish it were under better circumstances. If you take on another hardcore album project, would you be willing to do it with the Hardcore Underground label???

Also what Skarr also fails to remember is not everyone paid 100 quid for it. You even said people could pool in a group to come up with the total of that but the CD album could only go to 1 person. But don't bother yourself with Skarr he's purposely being a cunt because he likes to talk shit about anything, or anyone, that's popular among the rest of the forum members. It's his thing he does it mostly for attention.

quote:
Ill also add, listening to the full album, full length tracks at the right tempo for over an hour is quite a different experience from checking out a 15 minute sync mode preview mix.

Haha shade!

I actually like that preview mix, although it is mostly just for the tracks themselves

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  13:43:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
Look at your ****in profile picture for God's sake, it should be ?10,000, Not 100, the lucky 100 that spent 100 ! Oh how lucky they are !!!!

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  13:48:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
You banged out 10 very , very , average, at best tunes, and made 10 grand, fair play to you for that mate.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  14:19:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
skarr: Bloody hell, should get a star, you manage to get an well known producer to register to the forum!

Latin: Dont be so mean to skarr. Hatrixx defended the guy after all, so he must've been good. Or a bad judgement, considering atleast Ham has read the thread.

Ham: I feel like I should say I'm sorry. I feel like I am one of the guys who spews some shit on this project (which I did already before it bore any fruition). I know I am not your target demographic (Im not a particular fan of Oldskool/British Hardcore from before 1996), but I am a fan of music, and I really, REALLY hate projects like this, that might've locked good music away from fans. Some guys gonna drive a car over me because they think it devalues the music. But god darnit, didn't you start making music because you liked it and you wanted people to hear it?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  15:56:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
i wonder what your 'skarr' track will sound like.....

If the track titles are as obvious and predictable as you claim, it'll sound like a C**t

Edited by - djDMS on 2017/05/13 15:57:28
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  19:57:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
Ham your album is awesome, and if the project ever comes up again I'll jump in feet first, Skarr is just a standard troll you can spot him a mile off, I know this because I troll Facebook constantly myself!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  20:15:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
Ham your album is awesome, and if the project ever comes up again I'll jump in feet first, Skarr is just a standard troll you can spot him a mile off, I know this because I troll Facebook constantly myself!

But you're occasionally slightly funny

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  20:27:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Ham

My issue is the model itself. If you wanted to do something for the scene, you could have done it the conventional way. This way it just comes off mercenary which is what I think gets a lot of people's backs up.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  20:57:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
My issue is the model itself. If you wanted to do something for the scene, you could have done it the conventional way. This way it just comes off mercenary which is what I think gets a lot of people's backs up.

If only we could take down the top hierarchy the conventional way...

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 16 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 12  13  14  15  16
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.69 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page